
This past week has been eventful but so draining.
Wednesday was my day off and I decided I wanted
to go hiking with the AEP, which is the expedition
program that is part of camp. They go camping
for about 2 weeks away from camp. They hike, canoe,
camp.... the works. This day we hiked to Raquette
falls, which really wasn't "falls" per se but it was
pretty cool. It was a 8.4 mile hike into the falls. So
it actually wasn't a day off! The trees
are so thick here, you hardly see the sun, but it was
pretty. I am so used to mountains and wide open
spaces at home so it has been something different
to get used to. My co-counselor, Mim had a trip
scheduled to go to boston this weekend, but she
had a family emergency and ended up leaving thursday
morning. That meant I had all weekend ALONE with
my campers. It is the 6 week mark and they are
tired and their bodies are worn out,( as is mine) So
it was a pretty long weekend. They have done
great though. Sunday we won a trip into Lake placid
again, it was great to get away from campus. The
girls had fun shopping. Last nightwe had a staff meeting,
and we discussed the last 2 weeks! AHH!
I am so excited. We have color war,
and Trips to Burlington VT, and NY City! I am
pretty excited.

This is Anne. She is seriously the cutest camper
here. She isn't my camper, but she went on the
AEP, and she was catching frogs the whole
way up the trail, and taking the funniest pictures!
She is in lower camp so she is one of the youngest
girls here.

Raquette Falls

The hike. The trees are so thick. I think it was
actually sunny that day, but it doesn't look like
it.

3 comments:
Lindsey! hey how are you!!! I found you off of carries blog!!
i can't believe it's only two weeks left! wow that went fast! then you're back here right?
wow linds! it looks like you've been having an amazing experience in new york!!!!
Post a Comment