Monday, August 11, 2008

The days go by....


Ok. So sorry this is another pic of my feet, but
Today when we woke up for morning walk it
was not just raining again, it was pouring so so
hard! I hate getting my tennis shoes wet so I
usually go in my chacos. But the funny thing was
today I kept getting bubbles coming out from
my knees! I think it was my laundry detergent
and the rain but it was so funny. All the girls were
laughing and looking at me weird when I passed by
them.

Me, and the rainy morning-so excited to be here.
This week has been so fun. We had ropes course, and
started on high elements. It was awesome. Thursday
I went whitewater rafting! We rafted down the Hudson
River. We drove 2 hours to get there, so we were
kind of tired, but we hit some class 5 rapids and it was
amazing! That was on thursday, Friday was my day
off and me and 2 other girls drove into plattsburg, which
is about 45 min away. There is a mall there! It was
weird to be in a normal mall. It was fun, we shopped and
ate. Fri-Sun. Was color war. The camp divides up into
colors and they battle against eachother in activities. It
has been so crazy, and I have seen a lot of Blue and Orange.
We also did a Mt. Baker challenge. It was my 3rd time
hiking Baker and I have never done it that quick! They
made it to the top in 35 min! Before I think it took us around
an hour. It was crazy. We also did water balloon launching
and canoeing battles.

Lauren and Marie

This is Jill. She is so funny! Usually every
week at Ropes Course, she'll usually put a foot
on the ladder and go up a few steps. I guess
she is very afraid of heights. But this week she got on
the ladder and walked right up! The crazy thing is
she got up to the top and then she did the Zip Line!!!
We were dying of laughter and aghast that she
would do that ! We were all proud of her.

The tree that we had to climb.


3 comments:

Michelle @ Twig said...

Oh yay for rain!!!! Cute choco's by the way. so glad to hear how you're doing up there! Keep smilin'!

Banta Family said...

Lindsey,
I can't believe you're going to be home soon! I'm so excited. Call me when you get home. Your blog looks great. I need someone to teach me how to make mine more unique and colorful. See ya soon!

jodie said...

Your life is so adventurous, Lindsey!!