Friday, September 5, 2008

Good bye NY Hello WY!


How grateful and blessed I am to be home! My
flight home was the longest ever. I went to the airport
in Burlington VT at 1 am, flight went out at 5:30 am,
had 3 layovers and landed in Jackson WY at 6:30 pm!
I was tired and starving. I had nothing, and was so grateful
to see My family and wide open spaces. I had a great
wonderful learning experience this summer. I will
share a few of the things I learned...
1-I've realized that to accomplish a goal, a challenge
must be overcome
2-I've been convinced that people just want to be loved
and accepted amist all the social inadequacies and mis-
understandings and confusion of where we come from
3-I've learned that when you pick a religion, go all the way,
and give it your all, and don't be judgemental of people who
are giving their all to their own religion
4-I am convinced that with God, study, and involvement in
church lives can be changed.
5- I am convinced that we should always strive for equality
in how we treat people. Whether a person is gay, a drug addict,
a manic depressant, we don't know what they have been through,
and they came to this earth too.
6-I am convinced that we shouldn't let our lives become superficial
or monotonous , as sometimes they tend to drift that way. I have
been constantly reminded that we are here for eachother. I know
this brings us closer to God, and we are here to spread His light.
7-I am convinced that patience is something I have not learned
yet.
8-I have realized that there is vast knowledge on this earth- within
people, and within many books. I am convinced that through learning
from knowledge, in whatever form it may be we should reach out and
learn from pasts, and experiences for good.
9- I am convinced and KNOW that there is a God. He loves EVERYONE,
from every circumstance, every religion, every shape and size, every race.
I am convinced that we are here for Him, and to return to Him.
10-I am convinced that to have a healthy mind, healthy relationships, and
a healthy lifestyle, we must have a healthy attitude and a healthy body.

How grateful we all should be for what we have! I had an amazing
experience in NY, but realized that because I have been given
much, I too must give.


On the way to Star Valley from Rexburg for Labor Day

at my good Friend Jess Hansen's mission farewell
She is going to Atlanta Georgia!


I love my home!!

6 comments:

kira lee said...

wow linds! glad to hear you were able to learn and grow so much this summer! i am still in texas, but will probably be heading back to idaho within the next couple of weeks. i am no longer nannying and have been trying to decide if i'll stay in texas or go back home and right now i'm leaning towards going back home! decisions decisions!!!

emily said...

linds. We are actually in Logan. I graduated from CSI in Idaho in business. Then we moved to Bountiful & now we're here. I work for a hand surgeon as a medical assistant & kevin is going to school studying enginneering. We're just the same as we were in HS. Kevin has changed a lot, but I think I'm still the same ol' tomboy. What are you up to now that you are home?

Banta Family said...

I love you to pieces girl! I learn so much from you! Thanks for a great time the night of Dan's reception! Let me know how things are going!

Michelle @ Twig said...

Linds, this was a BEAUTIFUL post. Thank you for sharing all that you have learned and gathered along your summer journey. I agreed with and felt so touched by all that you said. It was inspiring and motivating.
Oh Linds how sad I am that I don't talk to you very often anymore! Know that I think of you often and hope that you are well, continuing to be strong, and love you.

Janel said...

wow - what a small world! i was one of the dietitians at wellspring last year and i love britt! we were supposed to meet up in VT on her day off this summer but she left early to see her husband. i miss her! glad you had such a good experience at camp and thanks for checking out my blog! you can even subscribe to get the recipes by email :)

BECKY said...

I love your blog! I can't wait to keep reading more! Please keep updating!!