




Well I finally got to New York!It has been an interesting and learning experience so far! The flight was awesome, but I was definately nervous. Once I got up in the air though, I was fine. I stepped off the plane in Atlanta and could tell I was definately in the East. It was sooooo humid. I had a two hour layover and then flew into Vermont. The staff was there to greet me, and we started the 2 hour ride back to camp, which included the Fairy ride across the river. (That was awesome as well.) We started training on sunday. It was so weird not to be able to go to church! The people are very different and most of them have never heard of mormonism. Crazy! I have already had some pretty cool discussions with some of the counselors on the Pre-earth life and the Priesthood and faith, Joseph Smith, and the Book of Mormon. It is not humid here, it has actually been raining all week. It is almost like Star Valley weather! We have had numerous training sessions this week from everything to how to canoe and hike to Clinical Psychology of weight loss to team building. We hiked Mt. Baker on wednesday in the rain, which was quite a chore, but it was nothing like the mountains in Wyoming. Yesterday was the day off and we went into Monroe, and went shopping at the Flea Market! That is one HUGE DI. They had some pretty cool stuff, but most of it was dirty and had little bugs on it. We did find a few treasures though. Dentures. Yes. I had to hold myself back. I almost bought them for when I get older. We also found tons of Dolls and China, and vases. We also went to Lake Placid yesterday and Saranac Lake. There is a little Ice Cream shop in saranac. They only have one flavor a day and it was Strawberry Vanilla. It was AMAZING. Very creamy, I guess they make it day of. I finally got moved into my own room, I have been rooming with a counselor and the Campers come tomorrow! Yay!

1 comment:
geez i'm glad you arrived safe!! it looks like you're going to have a blast this summer! so do the guests come once a week, or do they come in the beginning and stay all summer?
Post a Comment